GC Blog

Friday, May 20, 2005

Moses and God

So, I was reading the OT (as we tackle the Old Testament by the July 31st) and I came across one of those exchanges between God and Moses that just makes me laugh. I found it in Numbers 11:11-24. They had been out of Egypt for at least a year (the previous chapter talks about the 2nd passover) and the Israelites start to do what they do best: complain. Moses gets so worn out by it that he starts to cry out to God, "Did I conceive all these people?" Are they my children? What did I do to deserve this, in other words. God hears his cries, as He always does, and says sanctify yourselves and I will send some meat. Real funny. The funny part is coming up. God says,

"who will give us meat to eat? For it was well with us in Egypt." Therefore the LORD will give you meat, and you shall eat. You shall eat, not one day, nor two days, nor five days, nor ten days, nor twenty days, but for a whole month, until it comes out of your NOSTRILS and becomes loathsome to you, because you have despised the LORD who is among you, and have wept before Him, saying, "Why did we ever come up out of Egypt?"

God got so fed up with the complaints He says, fine here's some meat so much that it's going to come out of your nostrils and get sick of it!

Then Moses says, where's all this meat going to come from?
God says, What? You don't think I can send meat? Well, watch learn pal. (or something like that, I may have embellished it)

What a great exchange between God and Moses! In your relationship with Jesus Christ, JUST BE OPEN. God's not looking for the right words, or the magic formula (because there are none) He is looking for your heart! Read the Psalms, David always said what was in his heart TO GOD. If you have an issue or a struggle let God know about it. He can fix it.

Christianity is all about relationship. Learn to tell Him everything and then stop and listen. He speaks. Let the Holy Spirit lead you and guide you on paths of Righteousness! Love God with all your heart.

That's it for this week. Stop by www.gcsocal.org for more info and upcoming events!

ยข

2 Comments:

  • I have not been to church or GC for like 2 weeks because I have been out of town and I am dying! Right now I am visiting my grandparents in Flordia and I missed church so much that I came to look at the website and read the blog for the first time. I am having a great time reading through the old testament and I too love the humor! God is a crack up. Here is what I learned the other day about long tedious passages in Joshua about every village and city and landmark within each inheritance for all 12 of the tribes. (Hopefully this will get someone else through it with joy:) I think God has to include some of these very detailed chapters to make sure people don't go saying that the bible is a book with a bunch of stories that have good morals and are really just myths. He makes it boring sometimes to give it some historical authority, you know? And plus, doesn't it just make you want to go to Israel and see it? We should go. Ok, well have fun at church on Sunday and I will be waiting to come and worship with everyone Thursday. Farewell and don't take church for granted. :)
    Longing to be with you,
    Deanna

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:01 PM, June 03, 2005  

  • the bible is so funny. why do people never see that?

    By Blogger Charlotte Leanna, at 10:22 PM, June 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home