GC Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Thing About Birthdays...

There are two kinds of people who exist on God's great creation: 1) the kind who tell you it's their birthday and 2) the kind that don't. I probably fall upon the latter ("the latter" being #1). Sometimes in life #2's drag us #1's into their category by getting mad at us that we didn't proclaim to the whole earth it was our birthday. They continually get mad at you for not parading around with an entourage of adoring birthday fans, or that you don't have on fake crowns (or tiaras) that say "birthday King" or "Birthday Diva". And then they have the audacity, nay the gall, to get in a huff when you didn't go out of your way to make sure they knew it was your birthday! "Uh! Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?!" They say. Or "You should've told me it was your birthday, I could've brought my b-day entourage and crown." What do you do, eh?

Well for those of you who don't know today, july 14th is Cody Turner's birthday and Shawn Pearson's birthday. (Although my sources tell me a certain person by the initials of SP is opting to go to "Fashion" Valley rather than GC! For shame!) If you see our able bodied production team master give him a grand ol' "hi-five" and say "Happy Birthday Dude! You should've told me!" Maybe, if you are so inclined, drop him a pentecostal handshake (a couple bux in the palm of your hand cleverly disguised as a handshake).

Happy Birthday fellas!

Beach Day is tomorrow starting at 2 pm! La Jolla Shores at one of the fire pits. Have a great French Independence Day (or Bastille Day for those who know)!

ยข

p.s. today is my birthday, too ;)

7 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday... why didn't you tell me sooner, I would've baked a cake

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:59 PM, July 14, 2005  

  • Just so everyone knows, three months from two days ago will be my half-birthday. Yes, I will be 24.5 in a little under three months. Prepare the entourage...


    Doesn't GC also have a summer birthday?

    By Blogger Emilie, at 4:44 AM, July 15, 2005  

  • From a #2 to a #1 -- Happy Birthday. I'll see what kind of an entourage I can put together...

    Have fun at the beach today. I'll be thinking about all the fine you're having while I'm slaving away at work, just 12 minutes away from you.

    ;-)

    By Blogger Jon A. Owens, at 9:48 AM, July 15, 2005  

  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY! (And I want you to know I didn't just tell you that yesterday because I saw "Happy Birthday Pastor Casey" on the white board when I got to interns. I knew it was your birthday) I'm definately a #1. I make sure the whole world knows it's my birthday, but for some weird reason, last year when I told everyone, they forgot anyway. Some people.... gosh.

    Anyway, just so you know, "Erik" got saved last night after GC, (he was in the Ramona van) and he doesn't have a Bible. He will be at the bon fire today, but you're probably already there so you won't get this till later. But next Thursday! And if you want to call him, it was his 1st time so you can ask Sara.

    PASTOR PAIGE ROCKED LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!

    By Blogger Jael, at 12:22 PM, July 15, 2005  

  • For one of my birthdays in high school, I typed out a newsletter a few days before with articles about me, what i wanted for my birthday, and the crazy story of my birth (its pretty hilarious). I handed it out to all my friends before school one day so that they'd have a few days to think about how they could bless me. I honestly don't even remember what happened on that birthday except that I made that newsletter. haha.

    By Blogger joy, at 12:13 AM, July 16, 2005  

  • pastor casey... you're great! so, most people probably think that I would be the type to shout out my birthday. but i, like you, would rather not. I think that might be why i do crazy things for people on their birthday, because in my opinion it should be the FUN responsibility of the FRIENDS to make it known to the world that, "Hey, this really cool person's birthday is today!!!" And, by the way I think you are REALLY cool... that word doesn't even scratch the surface of who you are. and in case you did not know... on a day to day basis you have an entourage of people following you as you follow Christ. I am proud to be in the Pastor Casey entourage.

    By Blogger Charlotte Leanna, at 11:11 PM, July 17, 2005  

  • wait... i don't get it. Pastor Casey, are you a #1 or a #2? And which one is which? I think I am a #1.5, i guess right in the middle...
    my birthday is at the end of this month.
    so is selah's.
    alisa's is at the beginning of aug.
    don't forget, people! :)

    By Blogger Al, at 1:18 PM, July 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home