GC Blog

Friday, July 22, 2005

Subduing the Earth

Last night as I was driving home I had the opportunity to subdue the Earth. More specifically, to subdue every creeping thing. I was driving home when my headlights saw something in the middle of the road ahead. They had shined upon a poor, twitching, helpless, rodent only seconds too late. Thud! That was it for poor Ralphie Roadkill, his empty, hairy life was over for eternity. What could I do really? I was driving 60-ish, it was late at night. Besides, I have a personal conviction that I will not try and put my life (or my passengers lives) in the path of danger to save an animal. I have determined to plow through them like a starving man plows through an all you can eat buffet. This, of course is mainly based on Gen. 1:28 that says we should subdue and have dominion. And also, because I deem the life of people more important than wildlife. That's why I eat steak and chicken and the occasional duck, when given the opportunity.

Roadkill, according to Webster's, is defined as something that is killed on the road by a motor vehicle. (In case you were wondering). Well, friends, Ralphie is dead and along with him are his dreams to be the greatest rodent ever. He life was ruined because of Darwin's great theory of Survival of the Fittest, aka my car vs. rodent. The thing is we should be "plowing" through the rodents of this life just as easily. We shouldn't be held back by a defeated, powerless satanic army. We should always be subduing and having dominion. My encouragement to you this weekend is to overcome, you can do it. Imagine yourself in an unstoppable vehicle (read the Church) and dispossessing the enemy to take back what is RIGHTFULLY yours.

"...I come to you in the name of the Lord of Hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. This DAY the Lord will deliver you into my hand and...all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel." 1 Sam. 17:45, 46

ยข

8 Comments:

  • Preach it.

    By Blogger Al, at 11:50 AM, July 22, 2005  

  • amen

    By Blogger joy, at 4:29 PM, July 22, 2005  

  • I'm upset that Satan and sin has messed up my dominion over this earth. A few weeks ago I was doing hill repeats on this dirt hill behind a bunch of houses and there were like 5 dogs barking like crazy at me the whole time. I finally got sick of it and told one of them, "In the name of Jesus, Be quiet! I have dominion over you!" He didn't submit to my authority pastor casey? What does this mean?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 PM, July 22, 2005  

  • hi. you're great.

    By Blogger Charlotte Leanna, at 9:00 PM, July 24, 2005  

  • Well, I was driving behind Pastor Casey and he did not totaly get that poor little rodent to submit. When I went by it's tell was twitching and sticking straight up in the air. I straddled over it with my car and did not finish the job

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:38 PM, July 28, 2005  

  • CAMP IS GOING TO ROCK! it will be off the heezy.
    i am so stinking excited.

    By Blogger Al, at 12:33 PM, July 29, 2005  

  • good stuff...

    I'll keep subduing stuff out here in the field.

    By Blogger Ben, at 7:22 PM, July 29, 2005  

  • word if we arent supposed to eat animals...why were they made with meat???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:14 PM, July 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home