GC Blog

Friday, November 18, 2005

The Good Fight of...face.

For whatever reason, during this time of year (call it cold season or the "holidays") people pass on their Holiday Cheer. Everyone gets so excited for the upcoming holidays and bustles around buying presents for people they only see once a year and their neighbors cat. Something else that seems to get passed around more freely and abundantly are germs. Yes, germs. Those unsightly one-celled organisms that seep into our immune systems and bring our highly complex bodies into submission through heinous acts like: coughing, sneezing uncontrollably in areas where there are lots of people and bowel movements that only hit when you're sitting in traffic.

Currently, I am trying to masticate my Subway sandwich as I write. This is usually no problem however, I run into the fact that I cannot breathe through my nose as it is stuffed with, well I am not sure. When I go to clean (read: pick) it there is nothing there. But when I put the sandwich in my mouth and start to chew, my body starts screaming out, "you need to breathe!" And my nose responds with: "I am busy stuffing, call the mouth". Of course the mouth responds by jumping into action and in mid-chew begins the inhaling process which sucks the food deep into the throat (food that hasn't been chewed all the way). The throat, not being able to accept food, convulses and launches the food out of the mouth with enough pressure to send that "sandwich" 3 feet across the room. Meanwhile, choking and coughing overtake the body. And onlookers spread their holdiay cheer by not doing anything, thinking I must be doing some new thanksgiving/ kwanzaa dance.

At this point the nose germs decide they have had enough of being clogged and release themselves and the "snot" comes pouring out. Ah yes, the holiday season. Where we can spread our holiday cheer and the common cold. Yet I am not sick, I am fighting the good fight of... face!

Happy Thanksgiving!

ยข

PS No GC on the 24th (aka Thanksgiving)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home