GC Blog

Thursday, October 06, 2005

The perfect willl of Dad

In Romans 12:2 it talks about how we shouldn't be conformed but rather transformed, by the renewing of our mind (or brain for us scientists) that we can prove the good and acceptable and perfect will of God. What an exciting verse! But how exactly do we prove it? Hold that thought for a second.

I remember when I was younger and we would play together as kids, mostly cops and robbers. (which in reality is nothing more than riding bikes around the neighborhood arguing and yelling at each other and trying to figure who was a cop and who was a robber) After an hour or so of this it would inevitably lead into a conversation of escalating statements about what each of us could do. Usually climaxing with the ever popular and highly intellectual proclamation of "PROVE IT!" At this point, everyone's conversation would come to an abrupt halt and collectively groan "ooooo". Everyone knew somebody was going to have to act and they better be able to perform, otherwise it would be a life of being the robber and put in a jail which was nothing more than the sidewalk.

Recently, I was getting ready for work and Catalina was "playing" in the bathroom while I was fixing my hair. By fixing I mean putting a glue-like compound into my hair so that it looks like I didn't just spend 20 minutes messing it up. Catalina had discovered the toilet paper roll, much the way Columbus discovered America by running into it with their face. I was telling her not to "play" (or spin all of the TP onto the floor in a heap and then shove it in her mouth), and picked her up and put her in the adjacent bedroom. A minute or two goes by and here she comes again this time discovering that the cabinet was open and apparently everything in the cabinet had been begging to be thrown on the floor and sucked.

If I had it my way, or you could say my perfect will for Catalina, would be to sit and play on the floor watching Dad fix his hair. The good will was her playing with the TP and the acceptable will was her tossing the stuff in the cabinet on the floor. She proved the good and acceptable, but was relegated to cops and robber prison in the bedroom.

ยข

ps gc is at ramona tonight and at the new bldg next week!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home