GC Blog

Friday, August 19, 2005

Beelzebug

I happen to hate, with a passion, the common housefly. He is known as annoyingacus flyacus. I hate how he flies in 90 degree angles all the time and buzzes right up to my face then deftly makes a right turn, dodging my cat-like reflexes. Oh, how he taunts me day in and day out. He alights on my shoulder and then bolts away, knowing that I intend to subdue him. He lands on my food while I am looking away only to barf on it and wait just long enough for me to see that he is on my food and then he's off! Flying in right angles taunting everyone in his path. Ladies and gentlemen, he is the FLY!

I like the name beelzebug. Recently, after camp, my house was filled with beelzebugs. It was disgusting. The only way for a fly to get in my house is when the backdoor is left open and the screen door is open also. (the reason it was "filled" is that we have a nectarine tree in our backyard which produces a bumper crop every year and these flys make their home in the rotten fruit!) Beelzebug, also grows to mammoth proportions so that he is more like a bat than an actual, common housefly. Hence the name beelzebug. Back to my story, so for the next two weeks I have been on fly patrol. And armed with my trusty swatter have been battling the forces of evil that would try to barf on my food! I write you today to say that I have killed the last of them and the enemy has been vanquished. Unless of course the backdoor was left open...

ยข

2 Comments:

  • we too, are fighting the beelzebug war. You should try vaccuming them up, it kinda makes it more fun and you dont have to pick them up, they just get sucked into a dark black abyss were they belong.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:45 PM, August 19, 2005  

  • I happen to hate, with a passion, the common househuman (or annoyingacus humanacus). Oh, how you taunt me day in and day out with your rotten nectarines.

    I have watched too many of my friends die in battle against your "trusty" killing device. As soon as you leave that backdoor open we intend to take over your home and barf on ALL of your food!

    Your Not Yet Vanquished Enemy,
    Beelzebug
    http://www.rth.org/nathist/giantfly.jpg

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:43 PM, August 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home