GC Blog

Friday, August 05, 2005

To infinity and beyond.

Whew! What an awesome week. GC Camp was by and large the best I have been to, it was practical, fun, anointed and flowed perfectly in what God has been speaking to us. [Note: All of the meetings were digitally recorded so you if you want one (or more) you can ask the Guest Services desk to make you a copy of the CD.] Now is the time when the "rubber meets the road", in essence, time to do something with what we have been given. For many of us school is just around the corner, now is the time to prepare and pray about how God wants to use you on your campus! If you want to start a cell, preach or whatever start talking to your cell leader or myself or Pastor Paige about how to do that. It is time that we truly elevated the name of Jesus Christ in San Diego and all of its nooks and crannies. Let us shine brighter than ever before.

Thanks to everyone who came and served (as well as came to have fun) we couldn't and wouldn't want to do it without you! WE are generation church and WE are going to change this city. Have an awesome weekend and don't forget to come to both services on Sunday so we can recognize all those who went to camp.

ยข

9 Comments:

  • Glad to hear things went good. Sorry I couldn't be there. See you guys in a couple of weeks.

    By Blogger Ben, at 7:52 PM, August 05, 2005  

  • Last night, this guy came into my work who works at Jeromes in RB with his grandpa, and after I got their drinks we all started talking about church and where they go and where I go, and when I said I went to the City Church, the younger guy asked me, "Is that in RB?" And I answered, "yes, by Maranatha." And he got all excited and says, "I work at Jermomes and last Thursday when I got off of work, I heard music and I thought, 'why not'. So I came in and sat through a service." Isn't that crazy?

    By Blogger Jael, at 8:33 AM, August 06, 2005  

  • jael that's so great! i believe that there is a sound rising up in GC that is irresistable... and there's the first fruits for ya! pastor casey and pastor paige... you guys are incredible... i agree that camp was PRACTICAL... and perhaps that was the greatest thing about it

    By Blogger Charlotte Leanna, at 2:26 PM, August 06, 2005  

  • Camp was radical! Now lets walk it out. Time to take this city for God.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:02 PM, August 06, 2005  

  • I love God, I love His Word, I love people (specifically our pastors), and I love life! If you aren't already committed to generation church-- oh, you will be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM, August 06, 2005  

  • Also my miracle purse is on the cover of the intern application. YES!!! You can ask me the testimony later. And I will tell it to you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM, August 06, 2005  

  • Jael's story is really rad because I one of the nights I came up to camp, John Day was praying eactly what charlotte commented...he was praying that we would have an irresistable sound in our worship that would draw people in there. Here's where it begins. Man, God is so awesome...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:28 PM, August 06, 2005  

  • pastor casey... you are great. how come you never comment on anyone else's blogs? eh?

    By Blogger Charlotte Leanna, at 3:36 PM, August 08, 2005  

  • Charlotte, I think it has something to do with Pastor Casey needing to be careful not to violate his Pastor-client relationship. (No, I have no idea what that means, it just sounded cool. To me, anyway).

    Or it could be something akin to him not being able to "hang out with the commoners". You know, if he makes some silly comment on a blog on Wednesday, are you really going to be able to take him seriously when he is speaking the Word of God on Thursday?

    ;-)

    By Blogger Jon A. Owens, at 4:25 PM, August 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home